Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Weaving Cotton and Coronel Sanders


Some last pictures from Uthai Thani, but worth putting in. Here I am learning to fluff cotton. Cotton weaving by hand is so time consuming. I saw four steps at this cotton weaving facility -- picking out seeds, fluffing, spinning, spinning again. The easiest is fluffing it, which this lady let me do for a while. The hardest is spinning. I tried that for about an hour and probably created more of a mess than before I got there. So that's why there's no picture of me spinning.

Coronel Sanders happened to be at the same cotton weaving place. He's had a make-over, however. Facial, painted-in Asian eyes, painted black hair. Thais dislike facial hair and grey hair, so I guess this is the Thai cousin of Kentucky's Coronel Sanders.

No comments: